Spinach & Bacon Oven Omelette
Prep time: 10 minutes, Bake time: 50 minutes, Serves 10-12
- 12 ounces organic, pastured bacon, browned and cut or crumbled in pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions or young garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 bunch spinach
- Heat oven to 350º. Place butter in a 9x13 pan and stick in the oven to melt. Meanwhile, beat eggs, creme fraiche, milk, cheese, onions, and salt. Add bacon and mix briefly.
- Once the butter is melted in the pan, take it out of the oven and tilt it around to coat the bottom of the pan. Place spinach in pan evenly. Pour egg mixture over spinach. Don't be alarmed if all the eggs go to the bottom; they'll puff up around the spinach as it bakes. Return to oven and bake 50 minutes, or until slightly browned on the top. Serve warm and grind some black pepper on top (optional).