Anyone who knows me knows I love the rain. It means warm fires, baking, tea, and blankets. It also means a lush spring, bursting with vibrant color. This salad is spring in your bowl. It's colors and flavors are the very essence of this gorgeous season. Salads are forgiving, so if you can't find one or two of these ingredients, don't sweat it. Just do without.
Confetti Spring Salad With Ginger-Orange Dressing
Prep time: 20 minutes, serves 8
For the Salad:
- 1 large or two medium heads of lettuce of choice, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 beet, peeled & grated
- 1/2 to 1 cup sliced chives
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
For the Dressing:
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 inch knob fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Assemble the salad by putting all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a blender (it will be silky smooth if run through a high-powered blender like the Vita-Mix). Blend on high until smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
- To serve, put in salad bowls and toss with some dressing.
I'm sharing this at Simple Lives Thursday.