** Don't discard any leftover fries! They make delightful Savory Cakes! A recipe that can be found here.**
Parsnip Fries with Lambs Quarter Pesto
For the Fries:
- 12 parsnips, peeled and sliced in strips no thicker than 1/2 inch
- 1/4 cup expeller pressed coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Melt coconut oil on low and stir in the garlic, rosemary, and pepper. (Take a moment to close your eyes and breathe it in. Heaven. Nevermind the strange stares when you open your eyes back up.) While the oil melts, prepare the parsnips.
- Toss parsnips with oil mixture in a bowl. Place seasoned parsnips on a baking sheet (stoneware makes these fries deliciously crisp) in a single layer, not overlapping.
- Bake on high for 30 minutes or until browned on the edges.
- 1 bunch lambs quarter leaves
- 5 Swiss (or rainbow) chard leaves, deveined and thickly chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, needles only (no woody parts)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or pistachios
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- While the fries bake, prepare pesto by placing all ingredients in a food processor. Process until it's of the desired consistency. Serve with warm parsnip fries.