We've got our Valentine's breakfast menu, now let's get ready for dinner. Did ya get yer beets yet? We have great plans for them. Our family loves eating this pink pasta for dinner every February the 14th. I love special dinners that don't require more-than-usual prep. Let's get right to it, shall we?
Prep time: 10 minutes, Bake time (for the beets): 40 minutes, serves 6-8
- 3 small beets or 1-2 large ones
- 1 package rice noodles of choice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 cup cream (raw is preferred)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º. Now cook pasta according to package. As pasta cooks, cut tops off beets and poke a couple holes through them with a fork. Place them top-down on a baking sheet or glass pan and bake smaller ones for about 25 minutes or larger ones for up to 1 hour. You will know they're done when the peel easily slides off the beet using your fingers (be careful not to burn yourself!).
- Carefully peel the beets and cut beets in cylinders. From the cylinders, use a butter knife to cut them into hearts. Set aside.
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain and return to pot. Add butter, cream, and cheese & stir. Add heart-shaped beets to make the sauce pink, as well as the nutmeg & pepper. Stir gently. Sprinkle extra parmesan cheese on top of each serving if desired. Serve warm.
~ Browse more Riddlelove recipes here. ~