It's not a pretty muffin as muffins go, but don't let it's look deter you. With a soft-yet-dense texture that's unusual for a coconut flour bread and a flavor rich in chocolate, this muffin is a palate-pleaser to be sure. Don't think you'll finish off a whole recipe? Freeze leftovers for later. You'll be glad you did.
Grain-Free Zucchini Muffins
Prep time: 10 min, Bake time: 20 min, Makes 24 muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup whole cane or coconut sugar
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a mixer, beat coconut flour until all the lumps are out and the flour is smooth. On low speed, add salt, soda, and cinnamon. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then add the oil, sugar, and zucchini and mix thoroughly. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin pans, about 2 tablespoons for each muffin.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until spongy-feeling in the middle.