I'm starting to realize caution should be exercised when posting on the Facebook page. When I make something pretty and yummy, I love to post pictures of it. It's like a kindergartener wanting to hang a coloring up on the fridge, you know? But... Then there are recipe requests. Which I totally understand. I mean, who wouldn't want to make this tart? It's amazing. Here is my adaptation of this tart I found in Raw Food, Real World.
All-Raw Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart with Vanilla Cream
For the crust:
For the filling:
For the vanilla cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1 cup young coconut meat (about 2 coconuts)
- 1/2 cup water from the coconuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Seeds from one vanilla bean or 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Run your knife through hot water right before slicing, it makes it easier to cut.
Caution: this tart is rich!
|There is something about the way the slices look that makes my mouth water.|