Late Harvest Fruit Medley Crisp
Prep time: 30 minutes; Bake time: 30 minutes; Serves 8-10
2 cups oats
2 cups water
3 Tablespoons cultured dairy (kefir, buttermilk, whey)
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 apples (tart ones are best in this recipe), sliced (and peeled, if desired)
2 pears, sliced (no need to peel; pear skin is thin)
2 persimmons, peeled and sliced
1 cup rapadura
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon clove powder
2/3 cup butter or expeller pressed coconut oil (doesn't taste like coconuts), softened.
- If you plan on making this as an after dinner dessert, in the morning, combine the oats, water, and cultured dairy in a bowl. Cover and let soak 4-8 hours (the longer, the better).
- Once you are ready to prepare this dish, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9x13-inch pan.
- Combine cranberries and dates in saucepan and cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, set aside.
- Place apples, pears, and persimmons in greased 9x13-inch pan. Evenly spoon cranberry mixture over fruit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats with remaining ingredients thoroughly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is a little brown(er). Serve warm by itself or with ice cream. (And I will shamelessly add that the leftovers make the most delightful breaky.)
~Browse more riddlelove recipes here.~