20-Minute Enchilada Sauce
Makes 6 cups
- 1/4 cup nourishing fat of choice (expeller-pressed coconut oil is my choice for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder whisked into 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 3, 7-ounce jars tomato paste (I use this BPA-free kind in glass jars)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (ever cooked with the fresh kind? It's no bueno)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (don't knock it till ya try it)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- In a large pot, heat fat of choice over medium-high heat until melted. Meanwhile, whisk arrowroot powder in water until smooth. Add to fat. Add chili powder & stir for about half a minute. The arrowroot will get really gelatinous. Don't let it scare you.
- Whisk in all remaining ingredients except the salt in the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in salt. Pour in prepared 1/2-pint or 1-pint mason jars & allow to cool. Fasten the lids and freeze until you're ready to use.