Enjoy the garden's first offerings of spring/early summer with this salad. The cleansing, cancer-fighting, folic acid-rich beets and the iron-packed yet soothing-to-the-stomach fennel make a wonderful partnership in power-boosting your health. The flavors also pair wonderfully together. This recipe can be made without a food processor, but it will take longer.
Quick Raw Beet & Fennel Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes; serves 6-8
- 1 large shallot
- 2 bunches beets
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (this balsamic raspberry vinegar is really good in the recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Peel beets & shallots. Use the mincing blade on the food processor to dice shallot. Remove mincing blade and replace with grating attachment. Grate beets and fennel.
- Scoop processed shallots beets, and fennel into a serving bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to incorporate. Serve and enjoy!