Sourdough cinnamon roll pancakes have quickly become a breakfast favorite around here. I can't take credit for this brilliant idea. I found it here, but I needed to healthy-fy it. You can use your favorite pancake batter (we use this one). Here are the other modifications I made:
For the Cinnamon swirl
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup whole cane sugar, date or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar (make your own running whole cane sugar with the dry blade of your Vitamix)
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To assemble the cinnamon roll pancakes:
- Prepare chosen batter as usual. Pour batter into hot, buttered pan. Once the cakes begin to form bubbles that don't close up, squeeze the cinnamon mixture in a spiral, then flip the pancakes and finish cooking.
- Right before serving, use a spoon to drizzle the glaze over the pancakes.