On a nutritional note, did you know that carrots don't contain Vitamin A? They have beta carotene and your body turns it into Vitamin A only with the help of fat. The milk in this smoothie (whether you choose dairy, coconut, or almond) provides a good fat to help this conversion.
Carrot Cake Smoothies
Prep time: 10 minutes, yields: 4 cups
- 1 cup carrot juice (for a thinner smoothies) or 5 whole carrots (for a thicker one)
- 1 inch nob fresh ginger
- 1 cup milk (raw dairy, coconut, or almond milk is best)
- 1-3 bananas, frozen (you can use room temperature bananas but the smoothie won't be icy-cold)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- If you have a juicer, juice the carrots and ginger nob. If not, use whole carrots, peel ginger nob and dice.
- Place all ingredients in blender and run it on high for about 45-60 seconds, or until smooth. Enjoy!