Paleo Lemon Vanilla Bean Breakfast Cookies
Prep time: 15 min; bake time; 15 min; makes 20 cookies (leftovers freeze well)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (do not melt first)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- beans from 1 vanilla pod (slit pod open and scrape beans out with a spoon, or squeezed out like toothpaste if it's been used to make vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Measure and pour coconut and almond flours into mixing bowl. Turn mixer to low and continue to add the rest of the ingredients until fully mixed.
- Form cookies by taking about 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie, rolling them in a ball with your hands, and gently pressing them down to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake on a cookie sheet (greased or lined with parchment paper) for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely on the cookie sheet before removing. Serve immediately, store in air-tight, lidded container on the counter for up to 2 days, in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to several months.
~ Browse more Riddlelove recipes here. ~