GF Cranberry Lemon Scones
Prep time: 10 minutes, bake time: 15-18 minutes, yields 6 scones
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1/2 of the same lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- raw honey to drizzle over baked scones
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together flour, powder, soda, and salt.
- While the mixer is mixing, cut in butter, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, until dough is crumbly. If you're using coconut oil, you can dump the whole amount in at once and mix until crumbly.
- Whisk together eggs and juice, then stir in cranberries and lemon zest. Pour into dough and mix thoroughly.
- Shape dough into a disk, about 1 inch thick. Cut 6 pieces like cutting a pie. Place pieces on baking sheet and bake 15-18 minutes or until hints of brown are around the edges. Drizzle raw honey over scones just before serving.